Thursday, March 4, 2010

Remembering John Candy

John Candy is one of my favourite actors and he died 16 years ago on March 4, 1994 at the age of 44 from a heart attack. I remember the day that he died and I felt such a sense of loss to the entertainment industry. I can't believe he has been gone for this long. My favourite movie of his is Planes, Trains and Automobiles which co-starred Steve Martin. I can watch that movie over and over again and still laugh. Other classics which he starred in is Uncle Buck, The Great Outdoors, Only the Lonely, Spaceballs, and Canadian Bacon, plus many more. He also starred on SCTV where he began his career with many other great Canadian actors such as Eugene Levy, Steve Martin, Rick Moranis, Joe Flaherty, Martin Short, Andrea Martin and Dave Thomas. As a dedication to John Candy, I have posted a clip of him on SCTV. It is from the skit, Dining With LaRue.




Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. John Candy was one of my favourite comedians and actors. I just love watching Canadian Bacon! It doesn't matter how many times I see it I just chuckle again. He really was great!

    I noticed you are Canadian so I signed this with my Canadian blog. If you would like me to add a link to you blog in my side bar just pop on over as let me know. I'm trying to help out fellow Canadian bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Canadian Perspective Thanks for your comment. You can add me to your side bar. I have added you to my blog list.

    ReplyDelete