Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Preparing for Christmas

I find that it is always a big rush on Christmas morning to try out electronics and toys that contain batteries and computer downloads. So this year, I am taking the toys and electronics out of the boxes and putting batteries in them and downloading any software that comes with them. That way, I can be assured that the product works and also that I can use the software and have it set up for the kids on Christmas morning. Then I will carefully replace the product back into the package. The kids aren't going to notice in all the excitement if the box has been opened. Another thing that bugs me on Christmas morning is the wires that the companies use to package toys. The kids on jumping up in excitement to get the toy out of the box but have to wait 5 or 10 minutes for me to unwind all of those wires. So this year, I am going to try to remove those wires and again inspect the toy before I wrap it up. We'll see how that goes over on Christmas morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment