Tuesday, September 22, 2009

H1N1 Virus

I haven't thought much about this virus until I read that a vaccine has been released for it. Also, my kids have had runny noses and a cough lately and now I am paranoid that they will fall ill with it. An information pamphlet was also sent home from school describing the symptoms and how to practice good hygiene to reduce the odds of catching it. I am not a big fan of the flu shot and if a vaccine does become available in Canada for H1N1, I don't know if I will get my kids immunized. I am very fearful of injecting these flu viruses into their bodies. I have never given them flu shots in the past nor have I ever had the flu shot. None of us have fallen seriously ill with the flu (knock on wood) so I think my prevention this winter will be to have them wash their hands frequently and to ensure that they have a healthy diet packed with vitamins. I do not know anyone who has had the H1N1 virus and my thoughts may change if I ever speak to someone who has actually been sick with it. I just want to stay away from the hype that the media sometimes creates.

No comments:

Post a Comment