Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Deep Cleaning A Stainless Steel Sink

Bookmark and Share


I have developed the habit of deep cleaning my sink once a week to disinfect it and make it shine.  Here is how I do it:

I fill the sink with hot water and bleach and allow it to soak for about 1/2 hour.  Meanwhile, I take the stove knobs off and throw them into the hot water to disinfect them as well.  Stove knobs can get very dirty from food splatters.  I then use the water in the sink and wipe down the stove, fridge, countertops, and microwave paying close attention to the handles on the appliances.  I also wipe down the backsplash and window sill. 

After that I drain the sink and put in some comet.  Using an SOS pad, I scrub the sink and around the faucet.  Comet can be hard to fully rinse off so be sure to rinse it off well.  If you don't like using harsh chemicals, you can use vinegar and baking soda instead.  For the final step, I dry the sink with a paper towel and then spray it and the faucet with Windex, which brings out the shine.

It always feels good to do this and to see an empty, shiny sink! 

No comments:

Post a Comment