Wednesday, June 9, 2010

How To Coverup Scratches On Dark Hardwood

I noticed this morning that there are some noticeable scratches on my hardwood around an armchair that sits in my livingroom. It was really bugging me because I don't want to show the house with these visible scratches. So I did some research and came across a great tip on ehow.com. All you need to do is mix a couple of teaspoons of coffee grinds with a small amount of water until it forms into a thick paste. Then carefully rub the paste into the scratches and voila, the scratches are covered up.

This is only a temporary fix however but will do the trick in an emergency. The coffee makes the floor somewhat sticky on the area that I covered but this does not matter because it is under a chair where nobody steps. I will properly fix it when I get some wood stain that matches the colour of my hardwood. Please also remember that coffee only works on dark shades of hardwood.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment