Monday, June 7, 2010

Favourite Smells Of Summer

I was sitting on my front porch one afternoon and was surrounded by the smell of freshly cut grass. One of my neighbours had just finished cutting his lawn. This is one of the most invigorating smells after enduring a long cold winter. Some of my other favourite smells of summer are:

Tomato plants
Strawberries
Coconut Suntan Oil/Lotion
Roses
The rain at night
Clothes that have dried in the sunshine
Waffle cones at a fair or carnival
Sweet smell of hay sitting in a farmer's field
Anything being barbequed
Citronella
Campfires
The breeze coming off the lake
Pine trees in the hot sun

Another smell that I will always remember is when I used to sit on my grandma's porch and I could smell the lilacs growing nearby. Such a wonderful memory.

I wish I could bottle these scents to help me get through the long, cold winter.

What's your favourite scent of summer?




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment