Sunday, May 23, 2010

Frozen Grapes - A Cool Summer Snack

I was at my mother-in-laws on a hot summer day and she brought out some frozen red seedless grapes. I thought this was very strange at first but the kids loved them! Grapes taste sweeter when they are frozen. I'm not a big fan of freezies or popsicles because they are loaded with sugar and they are messy if they get dripped on the floor. They also create a lot of garbage. The frozen grapes are a great alternative. To freeze grapes simply pick them off of the vine and thoroughly wash them. Then place them in a plastic container with a lid and put them in the freezer. Discard any mushy or discoloured grapes. It will take about 3 or 4 hours for them to freeze. The grapes will not drip as they thaw so there is no sticky mess to clean up. I made these for my kids yesterday and they quickly vanished!



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment