Monday, March 9, 2009

Octuplet Mom

I just recently started watching clips of the mom who recently gave birth to octuplets, Nadya Suleman. She already has 6 children which makes 14 children in total. I have read in articles that before the babies were born her house was almost being foreclosed and she is a single mom living on government assistance. It also stated that she had invitro fertization with 6 embryos. My question is why would a single mother (or even a married mother) of 6 children want to implant 6 more embryos with the chances of ending up with 6 more children. Then when two of the embryos split into twins, she ended up with 8 embryos. I love my kids but even at having 3 children, I am calling it quits and I would choose not to have any more. With all of the media attention though, I am sure she will benefit financially from the publicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment