Thursday, January 29, 2009

Would I go through another renovation?

A few years ago before my 4 year old was born we started a major renovation to a dated home that we bought. Just days after my son was born we moved to a small 1 bedroom apartment to allow for my husband to complete the structural renovation. We lived in that apartment for about 3 months which drove me absolutely nuts. By the time my son was 3 months old, we moved back into the house but there was still more finishing to do. 3 years later, we sold the house. I have lived through drywall dust, not having water or electricity at certain times, and always looking at something that isn't done. Now we build new homes, live in them and then put them up for sale. I can say that I would never go through another major renovation because unless you are going to live in the house for many years or complete the renovation in a short amount of time, it is difficult to make money off it and it is very stressful to live in a house that is being renovated!

No comments:

Post a Comment