Thursday, July 11, 2019

Dish Rack v. Dish Drying Mat

Bookmark and Share

For a few years now, I switched from a dish rack to a drying dish mat.  I was tired of the dish rack because it was bulky to store and got dirty and was difficult to clean, especially in the silverware area. It also looks ugly sitting on the counter.

I love a dish drying mat because it can be stored with the dish towels and I can wash it in hot water and some bleach with my dish towels #easytoclean.  I usually use my mat for three to four days and then I change it up.  I own about 4 mats made from microfiber.  You can buy them for anywhere from $8 to $15.

A dish rack does not soak up the water so it takes longer for the dishes to dry.  With the mat, water is soaked up right away as it drips onto the mat. The mat is also easily portable if you want to take it camping, to the cottage, or use in an RV.   



No comments:

Post a Comment