Sunday, December 17, 2017

Reducing Stress This Christmas

Bookmark and Share


This Christmas, I am giving myself a gift by reducing stress of the holiday season.  Firstly, I started by shopping early this  year (about a month ago).  I still have a few things to get but hope to get everything wrapped up soon.  I am also going to grab stocking stuffers tomorrow night so I am not heading out at the last minute on Christmas Eve.  

I also opted out of a couple of gatherings.  I did not attend my office holiday party because it usually causes me some stress because I have to book a hotel room and stay overnight after the party because I live too far from work to take a cab (about 1 1/2 hour drive).  My firm does not pay for the room and I didn't feel like paying for it, packing and preparing to be away from the family for one night.  I heard it was a great party at a wonderful venue but I am still glad I didn't attend.  


Also, my family will not be going to a family dinner on Christmas Day.  We have been invited but declined the invitation.  I do most of the Christmas shopping, decorating, etc. so by Christmas day I am exhausted!  I enjoy staying at home and cooking and baking throughout the day and watching the kids enjoy their gifts.  Our lives are so busy and this is one of the only days of the year that we do not have to go anywhere.  I love doing that!  I hope to stay in my pyjamas the whole day.


I feel that the holiday season puts a lot of pressure on everyone - financially and emotionally.  This is not what the holiday season should be about.  Do you like to stay at home on Christmas day or do you prefer to go to family gatherings?

No comments:

Post a Comment