Tuesday, October 24, 2017

How To Properly Wash Towels

Bookmark and Share


I am in need of new towels and will soon be replacing my old ones with nice quality towels.  Since good quality towels are expensive and an investment, I want to keep them in good condition for as many years as possible.  This led me to do some research on how to properly care for towels and I discovered the following tips:
  • Wash white towels in very hot water and colored towels in cold water with about 1/2 the amount of laundry detergent that you would  normally use.  Too much detergent can make your towels stiff;
  • If you like to bleach your towels, use only non-chlorine bleach as chlorine will damage the fibres;
  • Place 1/2 cup of vinegar in the wash to remove soap buildup and keep your towels fluffy;
  • Avoid using dryer sheets because they coat towels with a waxy residue that affects how towels absorb water.  You can use a dryer ball instead;
  • Ensure that you dry the towels immediately after being washed so that they don't develop a mildew odor.
I can't wait to buy my new towels and try out these tips.
I think I will get white ones as they feel spa like and can easily be bleached, if necessary.



No comments:

Post a Comment