Friday, April 13, 2012

Chantal Kreviazuk

I recently watched a show on HBO called In This Life - Chantal Kreviazuk with the Niagara Symphony. I was never a big fan of Chantal's until I saw her perform live on this program. She has such an amazing voice and she is very talented on the piano. Her talent paired with the wonderful symphony in the background makes for a spectacular performance. Her songs on the radio don't even compare to her live performance with a symphony! I would love to see her in concert. My 10 year old son is a talented pianist and I hope to be able to take him to see her one day.

In the program she also shares her personal associations with some of the songs she performs. For her song Surrounded, she explained that she lost a good friend at a young age from suicide and that she wrote this song to feel close to all people she knows who have died. The song never made sense to me until I heard her explain it. She closed the show with an emotional and powerful performance of Leaving On A Jet Plane. Again, the song sounded so much better live than the recorded version you hear on the radio.

I have been trying to locate a clip from this show but have not been able to find one so I have posted a video of her song Invicible which is one of my favourites. The boy in the video is actually her son.





Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment