I am lucky enough to be at a weight that I am happy with and there are a few things that I do that keep the extra pounds off.
1. I do not drink pop. A can of pop contains about 150 to 200 unnecessary calories and way too much sugar. Switch to drinking water and tea.
2. I never buy chocolate bars. I used to eat a chocolate bar every couple of days. I will eat chocolate however on occasions.
3. I eat a healthy breakfast of yogurt, an egg, fruit or oatmeal. I like to eat several small meals throughout the day and then I eat a small portioned dinner. I will eat dessert if we have something that I really like but I eat a small portion.
4. It has always been my rule to not eat after 7:00 p.m. You can pack unnecessary calories into your day by eating junkfood at night while watching tv.
5. I am trying to cut potato chips completely out of my diet but I do cave in once in a while because they are a big weakness for me. I only buy them occasionally. The kids like to eat nachos and cheese so when I want to eat chips I have some tortilla chips.
6. I have cut down drastically on the amount of fast food that I buy. I go out for dinner once a month and I go to a fast food drive-thru maybe once every couple of months. This also saves me money.
7. I drink my coffee black. Sugar and cream only add more calories.
8. I don't watch a lot of tv. I will sit down at night around 9:00 p.m. and watch tv for an hour. I like to stay active during the day.
I am also doing exercises to tone my muscles, which I have never done before in my life. My next goal is to add cardio to my routine.